Empathy is the ability most humans have to understand the way someone else is feeling.
How much empathy we feel is on a scale, and some people feel it more intensely than others. People very high up on the scale are known as Empaths, and they take it to the next level.
Therefore, Empaths are deeply sensitive individuals who are highly attuned to the emotions and energy of others.
As an Empath, you can take on the emotions of others as your own, which can be incredibly challenging as you end up absorbing the pain and stress of others.
Empaths are very intuitive and are adept at reading people and situations beyond surface-level impressions. Empaths tend to be natural healers due to their giving nature and insight into reading energy! Empaths are highly clairsentient, which is a psychic ability, so things aren’t all bad!!
Clairsentience means clear feeling. It has quite a lot in common with intuition because of a strong awareness that you feel inside yourself about the subject you are concentrating on. Generally, the term refers to a person who can feel the vibration of other people.
There are many different degrees of clairsentience ranging from the perception of diseases to the thoughts or emotions of other people. Another closely related psychic gift is psychometry. This is when you sense something about an object while touching it. If you are developing your intuition, you may find that clairsentience or psychometry develop at the same time.
The challenge with being an Empath is that it is hard to turn it off and so when we are out interacting with the physical world we constantly pick up on the thoughts, feelings, and illnesses of physical people, animals and entire ecosystems!
I am an Empath and it took me a long time to figure out what was going on! I was rather confused when I was growing up as I was incredibly sensitive to other people’s emotions. I had no idea how to handle these feelings and just thought everyone felt like this.
However, being an Empath turned out to be one of my greatest gifts, and with the help of Reiki and lots of practice, I used my skills at reading energy to create my own business!
Empaths can read people’s energy, which I feel is a wonderful gift to have, but you need to learn how to use it, so everyone else’s emotions, thoughts and feelings don’t consume you! The more you practice, the easier it gets.
Here are some signs to help you know whether you are an Empath and clairsentient.
- People point out that you are highly sensitive or overly emotional
- You just know how other people are feeling before they even say anything
- Negativity overwhelms you
- Being in crowded places overwhelms you
- Your intuition is spot on!
- You can easily tell when someone is lying
- You are more sensitive to stimulants and medications
- You attract insensitive and selfish people frequently
- You are the person everyone comes to with their problems
- You feel compelled to help others, even when you feel tired or know you should say ‘NO’
- You often feel tired
- You are highly creative with a very active imagination
- You are sensitive to sounds, sensations and strong smells
- You get bored easily
- You go through waves of depression and then shortly thereafter, experience heights of joy, which can be a sign you’re dipping into other people’s energy and back to yours
- You need time alone
- Boundaries are a real struggle!
- You are replenished by being in nature
So You’re An Empath ~ Now What?
If you are an Empath, know that you have an ability to use your sensitivity for your own good and the good of others.
The biggest thing for me was accepting that being an Empath is a gift and NOT a curse!
Acknowledge that you have the benefit of feeling positive experiences more profoundly, and accept that your reactions to pain, anger, stimulation are normal, but not universally understood.
Know you are not alone as an Empath. One-fifth of the population understands you completely and appreciates your special characteristics!
What can You do to Manage your Gift?
- Share that you are an Empath with others, then people who aren’t as sensitive can appreciate your unique qualities and understand how you feel.
- Don’t spend time with people who drain your energy
- Don’t allow people to take advantage of your sensitive nature. If you feel someone is doing this, you don’t have to be friends with them!
- Remember that you don’t have to absorb the worry, the fear and the anxiety of others around you. You can protect yourself and clear your energy at any time.
- Be careful not to be around people who would normally be critical of you.
- Feel free to delete emails, refrain from returning phone calls, or take a rain check on meeting with friends who may affect your feelings and thoughts adversely.
- Spend time each day in nature to help you let go of negativity
- Carry or wear a crystal that aids spiritual protection.
- Trust your intuition!
The Gifts You Have as an Empath can Provide Wonderful Benefits Once You Master Them:
- An ability to connect on a Soul level with any person on earth who is willing
- An ability to read the energy of others and your environment
- The gift of being able to still offer love and compassion to others, all while maintaining your own personal boundaries and space
- The ability to start a business using your gifts
- A greater level of stability in your own emotional, physical, and mental states of mind
- A decrease in overall mood swings, errant illnesses and irritations
- The ability to begin connecting and sensing those in Spirit
If you are an Empath, please try to accept yourself for who you are and honour your gift. The more you practice your abilities, the easier life becomes.
If you would like some help on your journey, please visit Blissfully Free and get in touch. I offer Intuitive Readings and Healings to help you move forward and you can also become a Member of Blissful Boosts, which I have created to help us re-balance our energy each week, grow, heal and be supported on our individual journey. Please visit Blissfully Free for more information by clicking here.
To make a donation, please click the link, which will take you through to my website where you can make a donation via credit card or Paypal to help me keep this site free for everyone.