I wanted to write about grounding as we are so close to the Lions Gate Portal and the energies are already intense! Grounding is a BIG part of helping ourselves cope more easily with the current energy downloads. So, I hope this article helps remind you of the importance of grounding and gives you some practical tips about how to ground each day.
Being grounded is an essential skill for anyone following the spiritual path, but is especially important for Healers, Mediums, Intuitives, Empaths and highly sensitive people.
If you aren’t grounded, you’re like a leaf in the wind: very vulnerable and thrown off balance quickly.
But when you are grounded, you are like a big, strong tree. If something happens around you, it doesn’t influence you so much and you are able to feel much more peaceful and balanced in your daily life.
Grounding re-connects us to Mother Earth and helps us to be fully present in our bodies.
When You Are Not Grounded You May Feel:
These feelings and sensations can happen when you’ve got excess energy running through your system from doing energy or spiritual work, which is totally normal!
Grounding (referred to by some as Earthing) can help get rid of excess energy and re-balance our energy. Grounding also helps us to release any negative energy we may have picked up from others as well as helping us to release our own old emotions into Mother Earth.
When we allow our body to connect with the Earth, we enhance our mental, physical, and emotional well being and create a more sound, clear way of thinking. Vitality, health, and wellness are benefits of allowing yourself to be grounded with the Earth. It’s a great exercise, and best of all it’s free!
Ways to Ground Yourself
Imagine/visualize roots coming out of your feet going right through the Earth to the central core until they are actually in the core of Earth. I imagine the core like a ball of lava!
You should feel something when you reach the core e.g. a burst of energy, a sense of peace, love etc. Once you have connected, take a deep breath and pull up the energy through your body. I practice this type of grounding every day before and after any spiritual work I do.
Here are two ways to do this:
1. Take off your shoes and socks and stand outside on the grass.
2. If it is too cold to do the above or you haven’t much time, then stand or sit with your feet firmly on the floor (you can do this inside!)
Here are some other ways to help you stay grounded:
1. Connect with a tree! Go outside and place your hands on a tree you feel drawn to. Imagine any old energy being released into the tree trunk. Once you have released your old energy, ask to receive the tree’s energy by visualising it being absorbed through your hands into your body. Once you feel replenished, thank the tree.
2. Spend time in nature, play, go hiking or do some gardening.
3. Walk barefoot along the beach, letting the water lap at your feet. Salt (water) is very grounding and the waves have a very strong cleansing and replenishing energy.
4. Have a salt bath with some Epsom salts or Himalayan salts. You can also add grounding crystals to your bath and fresh herbs.
5. Meditate with grounding crystals such as Black Tourmaline, Kyanite, Black Onyx, or Obsidian
6. Eat! Eating is great for grounding and is something I do after giving readings or deep energy work as I get very hungry! It reminds us that we have a physical body, and the process of digestion helps bring the energy down away from our Crown and 3rd Eye Chakras.
If you would like some help on your journey, please visit Blissfully Free and get in touch. I offer Intuitive Readings and Healings to help you move forward.
I am so grateful to everyone who donates to support my work. Please click here to make a donation, which will take you through to my website where you can make a donation via credit card or Paypal. Thank you.